Hiring Alert-Finance Officer
Target Date 01/09/2020 Industry NGO sector Work Experience 5+ years City New Delhi State/Province Delhi Zip/Postal Code 110020
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
We are an international confederation of 20 organizations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
- Accountability – Our purpose-driven, results-focused approach means we take responsibility for our actions and hold ourselves accountable. We believe that others should also be held accountable for their actions.
- Empowerment – Our approach means that everyone involved with Oxfam, from our staff and supporters to people living in poverty, should feel they can make change happen.
- Inclusiveness – We are open to everyone and embrace diversity. We believe everyone has a contribution to make, regardless of visible and invisible differences.
Oxfam India is an equal opportunities employer. To know more about Oxfam India please visit: www.oxfamindia.org
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
Level / Pay Band
Term of Three Years (Renewable on Mutual Agreement)
Assistant Manager – Finance, New Delhi
Scope of Position
To assist in providing and maintaining efficient & effective financial services to Oxfam’s program. Responsible for implementation of defined areas of work within the finance function. To ensure that Oxfam in India has effective approaches to financial management and control, ensure consistent & robust financial systems and generation of timely & accurate information to support the business of the organisation.
- Prepare Donor Financial Reports and work closely with the Institutional Fundraising Team to understand and ensure all donor compliances are fully met.
- Responsible for charging Salary & Admin. expenses to different projects based on organisation policy and ensure appropriate charging of HR & Admin to various donors as per the agreement.
- Assist in the preparation of Organisational Budget.
- Generate budget codes for various projects in accordance with donor reporting framework.
- Prepare periodic MIS on budget utilization and variance analysis.
- Assist in timely compliance of all statutory compliances including FCRA, RoC, Income Tax, Gratuity etc.
- Responsible for proper and timely month end closing for offices.
- Responsible for maintenance of Fixed Asset Register as per Companies Act.
- Meeting any other reporting requirements from various departments/management.
- Responsible for conducting project audits.
- Liaisoning with Statutory and other Auditors for audit queries.
- Any other tasks assigned from time to time.
Skill and Competence
- Recognised accountancy qualification and 6 years’ experience in providing the whole range of financial services to an organisation, ideally with at least 4 years in the NGO or development sector.
- Good knowledge and experience in providing range of financial support to management
- Financial analysis skills
- Procedural and application of knowledge for planning budgets for communication / management decision
- Ability to control and manage financial policy and procedures and good practices / systems
- Good computer skills, especially in e-mails, internet, word processing and spread sheets
- Ability to supervise and support staff in accounting and logistic procedures including executing purchase
- Excellent communication including fluency in English both verbal and written
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as a member of a team
- Understanding and experience of gender and diversity issues, and commitment to addressing inequalities
- Awareness of own strengths and areas of weakness and evidence of self-managed learning
- Ability to use judgement on routine functions, and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure.
During the course of employment the post holder may be required to move base on a temporary or permanent basis to any workplace controlled by Oxfam India
The candidate should be willing to travel within the region/country extensively and be deployed for extended periods in humanitarian response programmes in the field.
- Online Media
- Non-profit Organization Management
- Civic & Social Organization