Analyst,Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis hiring in Blackrock
Hiring in Blackrock for Corporate FP&A
BlackRock’s business is investing on behalf of our clients, from large institutions to parents and grandparents, doctors and teachers who entrust their savings to us. We are committed to our clients—period. Our promise is to offer them the clearest thinking about what to do with their money and the products and services they need to secure a better financial future.
Business Unit Overview:
BlackRock recognizes the importance of quality and accurate business intelligence needed to make critical business decisions at all levels of the organization. The BlackRock FP&A team is aligned to the firm’s overall organizational structure in order to appropriately engage with each business unit to deliver key financial management activities. The FP&A mission is enabling the firm to achieve its strategic and business goals from a financial perspective. Specifically, FP&A is responsible for driving:
- Effective Business Planning – providing relevant and timely financial intelligence to business partners across the firm through a standardized and consistent set of performance metrics linked with common decision support tools, business standards, language and rules.
- Strategic Resource Allocation – helping to link operations and financial performance, tightly managing performance against strategic goals, and enabling execution of business strategies.
- Management of Business Performance – developing and communicating business strategies by curating the definition and measurement of metrics for success.
- Corporate FP&A MIS/reporting and analytics involving financials and other key performance indicators critical to operational management of the businesses
- Analysis & reporting on various financials on a weekly / monthly / quarterly basis for the stakeholders in the US
- Working on regular deliverables and ad hoc requests supporting office of the CFO and BlackRock’s leadership team
- Participate and support FP&A projects and drive standardization and improvement of activities to generate efficiency
- Monitor timely delivery, improvements, standardization and redesigning of processes
- Assist on special requests and provide timely responses to internal departments and external parties. Assist in implementing controls and continuous process improvements
- Participate in ad-hoc projects
Skills and Qualifications:
- MBA / CA / B.COM with at least 2 years’ experience in a similar profile, preferably in finance and/or financial industry but not mandatory
- Working knowledge of TM1, Oracle GL or other multi-dimensional tools preferred, but not mandatory
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint knowledge preferred, MS Access experience would be an advantage
- Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills with appropriate articulation
- Experience in preparation of flash report / dashboards and management review packs
- Ability to build strong relationship with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment (not only FP&A team but also across Finance)
- Ability to handle large data and derive meaningful information/analysis
- Analytical bent of mind combined with financial acumen. Well-versed with Finance terminologies
- Ability to develop a good understanding of the business and its key drivers
- ‘Can-do’ attitude – willing to contribute at all levels in a small but high performing team environment with tight deadlines and multiple demands
- Ability to multitask along with having eye for detail